Monday, May 28, 2012

Week of Dates

I must be a pretty popular girl this week because I've actually had a week of dates. Or, for someone who doesn't get out much, actually something going on!

My dad and I went to the movies on Tuesday evening. We ate a HUGE bucket of popcorn, drank way too much soda, and loved the movie. We saw "The Avengers" and it was perfect. It had a great balance of action, aliens, humor, and story line. I loved it. Funny story... my dad and I were sitting in the movie theater for about 15 minutes before the movie started. We got there early for two reasons. 1) I do not like to miss previews, period. 2) We were hungry and wanted some popcorn. In any case, we were waiting for the movie to start and chatting a bit. I took a picture of us with dad's phone so I could show him how to upload it to facebook - don't worry... I did give him the lecture about how his "friends" on facebook don't want to know what he's doing ever waking moment. So, thank you, if you happen to be my dad's friend. Well, dad had asked me several times if we were in the correct movie theater. I said exasperatedly, "Yes," but when no one came in for 15 minutes I had a bad feeling. Yep, we had gone into the theater for the 7:00 showing not the 6:05 showing! So we laughed all the way out and went to the proper theater. Thankfully, we caught on in time to see the previews. :)

My list of "must-see's" from the previews:
  • Men In Black 3 - I was skeptical at first but it actually looks pretty good.
  • Snow White and the Huntsman
  • The Amazing Spiderman
  • The Dark Knight Rises
  • Frankenweenie - A little out of my usual picks but it actually looks pretty cute!
Ha Ha! The picture we unsuccessfully tried to upload to my dad's facebook.

Friday Night we went to our friend's house for a barbecue. It was a fun night. We hung out with Jeffrey, Joni and their kiddos, Lucas, Maggie and Parker and our family. It's so nice because the kids play pretty good together and we all love to hang out so it makes for a fun evening! I stole a few pictures from Joni's facebook from the night.

The boys playing and Jeremy and Lucas supervising

Dave on the trampoline. Doesn't he look like such a big boy?
Saturday night we hit Manhattan and ate at UMI Steakhouse, the new Japanese steakhouse in Manhattan. It was so good and we had a great time. After dinner we went to Kite's and had a few drinks on the patio. I don't remember Kite's having a patio outside when I was in college but it's so nice! They have t.v.s for sports watching and it's a relaxing atmosphere. We had a blast... and the Summer Beer. Yum!

I realize my "week of dates" is really only three dates. But when you are lucky to get out twice a month, this was an amazingly exciting week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...