Thursday, January 28, 2016

Finding Joy in Everyday Life

Life is not always butterflies and roses. Regular life is not trips or vacations, fun and exciting days or meals out on the town and days filled of the whole family getting along. Life is difficult and messy and not always full of pleasant things.

However, each day has a bright spot. Even in the most mundane or bleak day, there is a what my mom would call a "God Wink" that shows He's there with you.

Yesterday was a long day for me. It wasn't a bad day... it was just a day. I ran late, I dealt with issues at work... I got grumpy with my kids. But when I was pulling into town after working an extended day (and not making my necessary decompressing run), JM called me up and told me we had a new neighbor... our neighbors got a new Yellow Lab! It was definitely the bright spot in my whole day, and my "Joy" in the regular.

Tonight - I read one of my favorite books, "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe" with David. I snuggled him for an extra 5 minutes then ran upstairs to read, "Horton Hears a Who" and snuggle with my Dillon. Best. Part. Of. My. Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...