Monday, February 22, 2016

I am a Runner.

I am a Runner. Who would have ever thought it? If you knew me growing up, you would never expect that I like to run...

I ran the 4 x 200 relay in middle school. We were not necessarily good. I've never been a long distance runner either. However, in early 2013, I started a couch to 5K program and I was hooked. Embarrassingly, after I had been running for over a year, I decided to get fit for some running shoes at the Manhattan Running company. I had been running in $40 Nikes from Pennys! Yikes! That just proves that I'm cheap and that running and working out like that was not what I had typically done up to that point!

One of my favorite moments was when I was shopping for shoes, I told the lady in the store that I am kinda running on a regular basis. I'm not necessarily a runner but I do run about betweeen 1-3 miles about 3 times a week. She looked at me and said, "Honey, you are a runner. If you run that much a week, you are a runner." That moment really blew me away. I am a runner. I am a runner!

Since that moment, I've since ran several more 5Ks. I've ran in every city I have traveled. Running outside in a new and different city is such an awesome experience... a little frightening sometimes, but awesome. Currently, I'm training for a half marathon. Crazy. Today was my longest run... 7 miles... I ran for over an hour! I was super proud of myself! I walked in the door and told JM - I made it! :) He was proud but not quite as excited as me.

Right before I started off on my run tonight. Isn't my KSU headband cute? 


One thing that makes the running bearable is my playlist. I have the iTunes app on my phone and it is the best money spent each month. I've decided to share my prized playlist below. And btw - JM listens to country when he runs - who does that?!?

I run this playlist on Shuffle

You are welcome. 


Marital bliss.We took off last Friday and had a great jog on the Konza Trail in MHK. It was a fun time together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...