I ran the 4 x 200 relay in middle school. We were not necessarily good. I've never been a long distance runner either. However, in early 2013, I started a couch to 5K program and I was hooked. Embarrassingly, after I had been running for over a year, I decided to get fit for some running shoes at the Manhattan Running company. I had been running in $40 Nikes from Pennys! Yikes! That just proves that I'm cheap and that running and working out like that was not what I had typically done up to that point!
One of my favorite moments was when I was shopping for shoes, I told the lady in the store that I am kinda running on a regular basis. I'm not necessarily a runner but I do run about betweeen 1-3 miles about 3 times a week. She looked at me and said, "Honey, you are a runner. If you run that much a week, you are a runner." That moment really blew me away. I am a runner. I am a runner!
Since that moment, I've since ran several more 5Ks. I've ran in every city I have traveled. Running outside in a new and different city is such an awesome experience... a little frightening sometimes, but awesome. Currently, I'm training for a half marathon. Crazy. Today was my longest run... 7 miles... I ran for over an hour! I was super proud of myself! I walked in the door and told JM - I made it! :) He was proud but not quite as excited as me.
|Right before I started off on my run tonight. Isn't my KSU headband cute?|
One thing that makes the running bearable is my playlist. I have the iTunes app on my phone and it is the best money spent each month. I've decided to share my prized playlist below. And btw - JM listens to country when he runs - who does that?!?
I run this playlist on Shuffle
- Girlfriend - Avril Lavigne
- I'm not a huge Avril Lavigne fan, but this is a quick, fun song.
- I Like That - Richard Vission & Static Revenger feat. Luciana
- Hum... I actually don't love this song either. But - I think So You Think You Can Dance did a routine to this a few seasons ago. It keeps me going. Nevermind. I just YouTubed the dance and its clearly not the same song!
- Work B**ch - Britney Spears
- This song always seems to pop up when I'm wanting to slow down or quit. But Britney telling me I have to work to get there... apparently that works.
- Titanium - David Guetta feat. Sia
- Roar - Katy Perry
- I don't love Katy Perry. It's a good run. Added bonus... David loves this song so I run through it thinking of him singing to it!
- Fireball - Pitball
- Oh man. I love this song. It makes me want to Salsa. And I may have dancing arms a bit when in comes on.
- Lose Yourself - Eminem
- I have a secret. Eminem is one of my guilty pleasures.
- Seven Nation Army - The White Stripes
- This makes me think of my Jodi who I taught in dance.
- Stand Up (For the Champions) - Right Said Fred
- So many things to say about this song. I love the 2003 K-State Football video to this song. It is awesome. I can't find it on YouTube... what's up with that? When I added this song to my playlist I couldn't believe Right Said Fred sings it...Doesn't he sing I'm Too Sexy?
- WTF (Where They From) - Missy Elliott
- My Missy. Love me some Missy Elliott.
- Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars
- I want to see Bruno Mars in concert. I hear he puts on a great show!
- Wake Me Up - Avicii
- A little slow... a balance song.
- Come Get It Bae - Pharrell Williams
- This is another one of those "kick in the butt songs." It also used to be my ringtone. :)
- Good for You - Selena Gomez
- I like this song. My friend doesn't like this song because it paints a picture of making yourself look good specifically for a guy. I totally get what she's saying. When this song comes on I always feel a little guilty. I tell myself... looking good for me, looking good for me. :)
- Love You Like a Love Song - Selena Gomez
- Same Old Love - Selena Gomez
- Have you caught on that I love Selena Gomez.
- Glam - Christina Aguilera
- And my girl Christina.
- Wild Wild West - Escape Club
- Much better than the other Wild Wild West
- Talk Dirty - Jason Derulo
- Want to see him in concert! NOW!
- Wiggle - Jason Derulo feat. Snoop Dawg
- This song wants me to run of my big fat butt.
- Want to Want Me - Jason Derulo
- Have you seen the Jason Derulo and Luke Bryan sing off of this? HOT!
- Lips Are Movin - Meghan Trainor
- Better When I'm Dancing - Meghan Trainor
- Probably my favorite song of 2015. LOVE! It's everything better when you are dancing? I may have some dancing arms during this one as well.
- Cake by the Ocean - DNCE
- This is my Dilly's favorite song.
- Cantaloop (Flip Fantasia) - Us3
- I swear this was a opening number song from when I was younger.
- Remind Me Who I Am - Jason Gray
- I love an eclectic range on music.
- Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed Peas
- Can't Hold Us - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- Another kick in the butt song.
- Work It - Missy Elliott
You are welcome.
|Marital bliss.We took off last Friday and had a great jog on the Konza Trail in MHK. It was a fun time together.|