Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Love and Marriage

Today is Jeremy and I's three year anniversary. Sometimes I feel like one of the luckiest people in the world to have found the perfect person for me. It's not a lot of people that meet the person they are supposed to marry at age 15. Here's a bit of our love story...

Jeremy and I started dating shortly after the first dance my freshman year. After that, there was no separating us.

Some of my favorite memories from dating him in high school...

  • We would pool our money together to buy a family order of breadsticks at Pizza Hut during his lunch break on Sundays. I would often just dig change out of the bottom of my purse!
  • The first time he took me on a date out-of-town, he was buying shoes at Foot Locker and realized that was the only check he had. So I ended up buying us dinner.
  • Our first kiss was in my parent's driveway after he had met my dad for the first time. He was so nervous!
  • Our first anniversary he got me a diamond heart necklace and we saw Tim McGraw & Faith Hill in Kansas City.
I could go on and on. I pretty much thought Jeremy was the best thing ever in high school. And still do...
This was my senior year prom. Please ignore my hair... we had Classy Cat tryouts that day and I didn't have time to do anything else to my hair but this!

This was prom my sophomore year and Jeremy's senior year. Don't we look so young?

In college, we dated on and off. It was hard on both of us but I think we both agree in the end it was the best. We realized then, that besides loving each other romantically, we loved each other truly as best friends. When any little thing came up... we called each other for advice. Even when we weren't together.

We moved in together after I graduated and got engaged shortly thereafter. I can honestly say these past three years haven't been a piece of cake. We've fought and slammed doors, but we've also listened to each other and worked our little tiffs out. To me, the working through things and compromise is what makes a marriage work. There is no one else I'd rather be with to argue, debate, grill steaks on Sunday nights, make up, laugh, and raise our two little boys.

Jeremy, I love you. You are the best man to put me in my place, support me, and pick me up when I'm down. You are an awesome father and I'm proud to call you my husband. Happy 3rd Anniversary!

In Memphis - With Elvis

My High School Graduation

Also in Memphis, different trip

Aggieville when in College.

2 comments:

  1. This is so freaking sweet Amanda!!!! Congrats on THREE years :) Time flies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy (belated) anniversary, Amanda and Jeremy!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...