Thursday, February 16, 2012

My McDonalds Story

I told this story to some of the girls last night at dance. I had forgotten about this... It's highly embarrassing but I've never been above sharing embarassing or shameful stories about myself.

Let's first preface this with... 1. I have a quick temper. Sometimes it will come out about a very insignificant issue. 2. I can be tender hearted, and the LAST thing I ever want to do is hurt someone's feelings.

In college, I ate a McDonald's often. By often I mean about once a week. I was going through the drive thru to get my usual (quarter pounder w/cheese and no onions, fries, and a dr. pepper) and realized I had a "to go" cup that had leaked out the bottom in my console. *Side note - if this has ever happened to you.... it is VERY annoying!* When I got up to the window to pay and get my food I asked the lady there if she could throw my cup away. She said no she couldn't and that they had a policy about throwing away things for customers. Well, this is where the shameful part comes in... I argued with her for a minute and got so upset that I said something along the lines of, "If you can't throw away my cup, I'm not interested in buying food from you" and proceeded to throw my cup down on the ground outside my car and drive off - without paying or getting my food.

I drove about two blocks and felt considerable remorse. In all honesty, I felt like a horrible person... all I could think was what if that girl had a bad day and was on edge anyway and something like this sent her over? So...

I turned my car around and went through the drive through again. At the drive through ordering spot, I told the girl I was sorry and I realized it wasn't her fault that she was unable to throw my cup away... even as I'm typing this I realize how ridculous I had been. I apologized and told her I there was no way it was appropriate for me to yell at her.

I think about that day every once in a while and regret being such a bitch. BUT... I have learned a very valuable lesson about keeping my temper in check and that I never want to work in retail because I'm sure I'm not the only person that has become unreasonable for no good reason.

BTW - Part 2 coming soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...