Thursday, April 26, 2012

Goals Update

My friend Lyndse asked me where my April goals were. Ha! I didn't do any. Let me give you an update on my March goals, tell you what unspoken goals happened in April, and make myself accountable for May!

My monthly March goals were:
  • See the HUNGER GAMES
    • Done! I went with a good friend and it was really good! Not as good as the book - but still a good date anyway!
  • Decide on landscaping scheme for front and back yards. I've been searching the web and asking around at the local landscaping places for ideas and pricing. I'm thinking we're going to carve out a weekend to plant, lay edging and work on the flower beds. We painted our house ourselves two years ago over Memorial Day weekend and I'm hoping that weekend would work again.
    • Hum... somewhat done? Jeremy and I bought landscaping pavers and have put them in some of the beds. I've done the back flower bed in the back yard. Still deciding if I like it. I'm planning on changing up the bed right in front of our planter in front of the house but still haven't decided how.
  • Try at least one freezer crock pot meal. I keep seeing this on pinterest and think I should try it. Sounds perfect for us since I get home so late and am adamant that I'm going to spend some time with the boys instead of doing chores the whole time! - Note - Jeremy and I usually eat around 9:30 every night. That does not lead to small hips. :(
    • Negative. Not done whatsoever. Need a crock pot with a timer. That might be something to buy to help but I haven't been in the cooking/experimenting mood (just ask Jeremy).
April Goals that never were verbalized (or writtenized? since I can't verbal the blog):
  • Start a new job and attend training for new program at work!
    • Yes - this happened. The beginning of April I spent Monday-Thursday in Kansas City at Perceptive Software getting training on their ImageNow software. Pretty cool. Can't wait to get it started at work. I also started training on my new position at work which is doing Human Resources. So excited!
  • Get a little shopping done.
    • I need shoes and some new bras (children really wreck your boobs!). Jeremy needs jeans and shoes and shirts. He has not gotten new clothes in years! Dave needs some new clothes for summer. Dill is set. He gets to wear all Dave's hand me downs.
      • Somewhat succeeded. I bought two new pairs of shoes for summer and a new dress. Still am working on expanding my wardrobe. It's sad that the other day I was wishing for my maternity clothes. :(
      • Jeremy got jeans and a new shirt. The guy needs anything new that isn't gray. I believe every t-shirt he owns is gray.
      • Dave got a few new things. But - I'm waiting for garage sales to hit up to get him some play clothes that I won't worry about him getting ruined.
May Goals:
  • Set a date to build the bookshelf for the boys.
    • I mentioned I would like to build the boys a bookshelf for their room. For Christmas, my parents told me they had talked to someone from my hometown that would be willing to help me build the bookshelf that I want for the boys room and my parents are going to buy the materials. Probably need to get on that!
  • Dance Recital
    • The dance recital is at the end of this month. It's going to happen no matter what - but I'd really like it to happen WELL! Lots of work to do in the next month.
  • Date
    • I need to have a date with each of my boys. As Dillon gets older, I find myself needing to find some time with him as much as I need to find some time with Dave. And I always like extra time with my handsome hubby. Oh yeah - I shouldn't leave out the other man in my life, my dad. He owes me a date to the movies!
  • Read
    • I love to read. My goal this month is to read two books. I think I am going to try to start the James Patterson Women's Murder Club series.
These are in no particular order, but #1 on my list in my dates with my men!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...