Sunday, January 22, 2012

Channeling Michelle Tanner

Friday night we met some friends at the Bamalam (bar/restaurant in AV) for dinner. The boys were very well behaved most of the night. Right after dinner, Dave wanted out of his high chair. I let him out and he ran straight to the men's bathroom. I followed him and took him into the women's restroom to try to go potty.

Let me first say that the bathrooms are BAR bathrooms... not the cleanest. Not so dirty you can't use them but definitely not ideal for potty training. Dave sat right down and tinkled in the potty. I was so excited. That was the first time I've been able to get him to go to the bathroom in the toilet. Of course, when we came out I had to announce to everyone that Dave had pottied in the toilet! In a small town, this is no big deal because everyone knows Dave and he had lots of high fives and "good jobs!"

Now for my post title... All I wanted to do was sing "Pee Pee in the Pot-tee... Pee Pee in the Pot-tee!" just like Uncle Jesse, Danny and Joey sing for Michelle when she goes potty for the first time. How sad is it that my potty training experience is so dismal that I can only think of Full House?

In other news... we moved Dave to a toddler bed (well his crib converts to one) tonight to try to make that transition before we really start potty training... Wish us luck. That boy desperately needs containment.

1 comment:

  1. Hey!! Congrats to your sweet little boy on his excitement :) I was so excited to get your comment on my blog about having a little wiener dog!! I checked out your pup on one of your posts and oh my gosh, she is SO sweet!!!! Wiener dog people are crazy, but they are just so adorable!!! I'm going to start following your blog now!!

    PS Your boys are SO cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...