Monday, November 14, 2011

Eleven

#11 Veterans

I have a great deal of respect for those in our armed forces that put their life at risk so we can live our daily lives the way we live them. They give me the ability to type whatever I want on here and people to protest and to just live life the way we know it now... and I'm very proud to live in a place like the United States.

We went to the K-State game that was military day last month. At one point in the game, the announcer had those that had been in the armed forces stand up. There were tons of people that were standing but what I kept thinking then, and what has stuck with me, are the families. For every person that is protecting our country there is at least someone waiting here for them. There are parents, children, wives and lovers waiting for their special someone to come home. And as much as I am thankful for those serving... I'm thankful for those who wait for their daily or weekly e-mails or Skypes home. For those, I have the up most respect and say "thank you" for lending this country your brother/sister/son/daughter/husband/wife/daddy/momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...